[ale] Open source Java terminal emulator?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Sep 16 10:00:13 EDT 2004

FYI: I also found SSHTerm.  While the project itself seems to have gone
commercial (they still offer a free client, but I can't find the source;
see http://www.sshtools.com), there is still a SourceForge project with
CVS repository under the GPL.  The tree hasn't been updated there since
September 2003, but I've downloaded, compiled (there's an ant build.xml
file), and tested the version that is there, and so far it seems very
capable...and a bit more featureful that www.javassh.org.  For that
matter, although I've
enabled the SSH plugin in the javassh.org client, I've yet to get it to
successfully connect to any of our hosts using ssh...only telnet seems to
work.

James, have you gotten the javassh client to connect successfully?  If so,
perhaps you could steer me in the right direction?  I've enabled the
plugin in default.conf, but no dice.

Thanks,
John