[ale] Any Input Would Be Appreciated!

Parker McGee pmazer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 19:13:01 EDT 2004

I'm writing an essay for College English about open source development
and users, and the motivations behind it.  If you could answer these
questions, it would help me greatly!  The more people the better!
Thanks!

1) Why do you use open source software?  What makes it "better" than
proprietary?  Can you think of any specific examples?

2) Do you develop open source software?  If you do, what motivates
you?  What gives you  that drive since you do not get the money
aspect?

3) What advantages do you see of proprietary software?  What disadvantages?