[ale] UserLinux

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Sep 14 10:41:01 EDT 2004

Dow Hurst said:
> Here is the link!  I was wrong, it was Linux Format.
>
> http://www.davidcoulson.net/writing/lxf/35/woe.pdf

Aha!  You're thinking of User-mode Linux...which is completely different!
UserLinux is a Bruce Perens-driven Linux distro based on Debian and aimed
at making top quality enterprise-ready Linux available to companies and an
underwhelming cost.

Check it out at UserLinux.com.  I'm running it currently on my work and
home desktop systems and have been very impressed so far!

Here's a screenshot of the default Gnome desktop:
http://myerslane.com/userlinux.jpg

Install is VERY easy...download is only 4 MB (read heavy network traffic).

John