[ale] ALE NW meeting

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 13 17:54:52 EDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:12:37 -0400
"Emil P. Man" <mailinglists at synban.com> wrote:

>Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> Trey Sizemore wrote:
>>
>>> What will be the topic of this week's meeting?  I didn't see anything at
>>> http://ale.olg.
>>

>> I have not had time to get a presenter.  I will not be able to attend
>> this week's meeting either.  Anyone associated with the KSU Lug
>> willing to pick this up this month?  Anyone willing to throw something
>> together for a presentation?
>>
>ALE-NW this month will probably be an introduction to Open Office dot
>org . Next month, I will probably get in touch with somebody that will
>get a presentation together. The presentation on open office will
>probably not waste too much time, so we can have our usual open discussions.
>I just put together spamassasin on my mail server using postfix. If
>anyone is interested on a short presentation on that, I can put that
>together as well. Otherwise, it will be open office plus the open
>discussions that we usually have.
>ALE - NW will meet this thursday, sept. 16, at 8:00 p.m in Clendenin 1007.
>
>Emil

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to have a presentation on setting up a
mail server on linux.  Port forwarding, spam detection, and all that goes with
it.

Emil, would you feel comfortable doing something like this on short notice?

--
Cheers,
Trey

"We are upping our standards ... so up yours."
		-- Pat Paulsen for President, 1988.

Linux salamander 2.6.8-6cvs20040902123957-default #1 Thu Sep 2 12:39:57 UTC
2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
  5:52pm  up 6 days  1:18,  4 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.13, 0.07