[ale] Y'all were right about Travan tapes - wish you weren't

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri Sep 10 17:28:10 EDT 2004

griffisb at bellsouth.net wrote:
<snipped>
> At least I have a (hopefully) better solution for when the
> desktop is back up and running. I'll use the USB-attached
> 40Gig harddrive. Just have to hope the folks that recommended
> a laptop harddrive over a desktop harddrive aren't as correct
> as the folks that recommended I avoid using a Travan tape.

If I was one that recommended a laptop drive over a desktop drive (highly probable) it would have been for portability.  My USB drive can fit into my front shirt pocket so I recommend them with a bias on the "cool factor".

sorry to hear about the trashed system, but getting the home directory in its' own partition will be for the best (my preference is to have /, /home, /var, /usr all on their own partitions).

Preston