[ale] maybe OT - GSM SIMcard copying/updating

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Fri Sep 10 11:55:25 EDT 2004

Heya, thought there might be someone here on the list with
some (cell)phone background... :)

With a GSM cellphone (e.g. T-Mobile), is it possible
to copy (e.g. backup/maintain) the SIM card?

Assuming this is possible, where might I find the necessar
hardware & software?

How about changing SIM cards, e.g. backup/restore of "my"
SIMcard data/messages/numbers from one SIMcard to another?

Assuming it's doable at all, is it doable across carriers
or will it only work for, say, changing SIMcards within
the carrier (e.g. changing to a higher capacity SIMcard)?

Pointers to FMs to RT are quite welcome.  :)

Thanks,

-kc