[ale] $&*@ing gmail

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Sep 9 09:39:13 EDT 2004

james at sumners.ath.cx wrote:
> I can't bite my tongue any longer.
>
> This is an email list right? Everyone that reads the messages sent to it
> has an email address right? Then can we _please_ stop sending 300
> messages per day about gmail? If you are concerned about the security
> then read about it straight out of the companies' mouth:
> http://www.kottke.org/plus/misc/google-playboy.html

I think the discussion is as relevant or more then many others that have
been on this list.  Seems it's pretty well died now.

> If you are just wanting to give out invites or ask for an invite then
> why not make use of the wiki?
> http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/ALE/Gmail
>
> (Yes, the preceeding was a rant.)

Because not everyone uses the twiki.  Further, if folks post the invites
with OT, I don't see a problem.  As noted above, there are a lot of
worse OT messages posted to the list.

Can we simply agree that gmail postings contain gmail in the subject so
folks can filter them?  It seems all of them have had that reference anyway.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995