[ale] Anyone successfully used build in wireless on HP laptops?

Philip Polstra ppolstra at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 07:01:54 EDT 2004

I teach computer science (plus math, physics, and aviation) at a local
high school.  For all of our programming classes we use Fedora Core 1.
 I recently set up my HP Pavilion zv5000 series laptop to dual boot XP
and FC2.  I have yet to be able get the wireless to work.  I have the
dreaded Broadcom chipset.  In particular chipset BCM4306/BCM2050 on
board V103C D12F4 Rev 4.4.

I've tried NDISWrapper, but every time I try to activate the interface
the computer locks solid.  Anyone else have success with one of these?
 I have wireless at the school, at my office at the airport, and at my
house so it would really be convienent to get this working.

Thanks,

Phil Polstra
ppolstra at gmail.com