[ale] What's so special about gmail invites?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 7 13:54:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 12:02:43PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> IANALADPOOT, however, new sig for private emails I guess...
>
> This email is intended to be private to the person it was sent to.  It
> is copyrighted and publishing this email in any public forum, or
> providing it to any other person or organization without my explicit
> permission is forbidden.

Guess you better take this up with the ALE list maintainer then:

http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2004-09/msg00195.html

I know you said private emails above, but I don't think a signature like
this is even remotely enforcable.  IANAL either (and I have no idea what
ADPOOT stands for), but email is copied at every relay it goes through,
so trying to enforce copyright would be a stretch.  Similarly, an email
is "provided" to any organization whose server it passes through.  And
what about .forward files?  Spam filters?  Virus scanners?

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9