[ale] Install Issues with my inspiron 8500

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Mon Sep 6 18:37:30 EDT 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 05:37 pm, Jeb Barger wrote:
> Downloaded it again (oc48 connections rock), md5 hash matches.  No Joy.
> Same Problem.
>
> Jonathan Rickman wrote:

Some people report problems installing because of supermount. Mandrake seems
to be the only distro that uses it. I googled for a minute and saw a number
of reports on this. The solution--for some people--is to simply disable
supermount in the Mandrake Control Center and continue the install using
traditional mount commands in a terminal. Try a Google on "mandrake
supermount install" to see others' misery and check out:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/supermount-ng