[ale] dvi to vga converter

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Sep 4 19:42:12 EDT 2004

So, I picked up a new box that has two video outputs, one dvi, one vga.
  I have two vga monitors I'm going to connect to it, and had a
dvi<->vga adapter.  Doesn't fit.  Different configuration.  So, I can't
find one of these buggers anywhere.  I didn't even know there was more
than one type.  No luck at MicroCenter or CompUSA.  Fry's has probably
got it, but damn, it's a hike for me.

Anyone else seen more then one type of dvi connection on video cards?

Wierd thing is the card is an ati card and the adapter I have came with
another ati card.

The main difference that makes it impossible to use is the adapter has a
flat pin that sits on one side of the connector and it has two round
pins on either side of it, kinda like this:

. .
---
. .

Where as the card has the slot for the flat pin, but does not have the
four smaller pins.  That's not all that's different, but obviously it's
enough.

Suggestions are welcome...

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995