[ale] Yet another gmail giveaway 5 to give away.

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Sep 3 16:32:12 EDT 2004

Jimmy Oliver wrote:
> Jeff Brown got the last one.. Hope you guys all get the names you
> want before gmail goes public.  Gmail is great for lists, thats why I
> moved all my list subscriptions over to gmail.  It does a great job
> threading messages and sorting using a label system.

This is the problem others have noted.  By doing this, you've agreed to
having your email processed however gmail likes.  Have you considered
that the folks who might be sending you email don't want it processed in
this way?

Often times I send email out to folks and I wouldn't want it processed
by some company for advertisement purposes.

Further, one could actually forward all ther email from a non-gmail
account to a gmail account and therefore folks who don't want to
participate in the huge gmail data gathering process won't even know it.

At least folks can not email people who are using gmail accounts if they
don't want there emails stored there.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995