[ale] OT - Unreal Tournament (not 2k4)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Sep 3 16:26:42 EDT 2004

Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> Does anyone here play Unreal Tournament on Linux?  I've got a UT server
> on Linux, but recently decided to try to actually play the game on
> Linux.  The install went great, I'm at v436, installed Bonus Pack 1, and
> I was ready to play.  When I fired up the game though, it was running at
> a crawl.  The image looked really nice, it was just very slow.  As an
> example, the intro movie was moving frame by frame.  Below are the specs
> (that I know to look for) on the machine.

Sounds like you might be missing hardware acceleration.  You really want
the hardware acceleration if you want the fps.

Look in your config file for:

Section "Module"
.
.
Load	"dri"
.
.
EndSection

and:

Section "DRI"
	Group	"video"
	Mode	0660
EndSection

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995