[ale] Fedora

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:21:00 EDT 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:03:06 -0400, James P. Kinney III
<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:

> I have not hit any "show stopper" bugs. Bear in mind, I'm not a KDE user
> and RH derivatives have a long history of not having the best KDE setup.
> FC2 now ships with XFCE as an environment option (which is really nice
> for those low memory, low speed laptops I have).

I encountered a problem with CD burning using one of the more recent
kernels, and shortly afterwards my cups printing broke, these may have
been due to the connection between the keyboard and the chair though
instead of any legitimate errors.

Shortly after this I decided to go back to using my favorite distro
Libranet 2.8.1 after briefly playing with Ubuntu 4.10 RC and Whitebox
Enterprise Linux 3.0 Respin 1

I won a shrink-wrapped boxed copy of Red Hat Enterprise Workstation
3.0 off ebay for 25.50    so I may put that on my workstation, haven't
decided yet.

--
Van Loggins
"Linux Geek In Training"
vanloggins at gmail.com

This email is intended to be private to the person it was sent to.  It
is copyrighted and publishing this email in any public forum, or
providing it to any other person or organization without my explicit
permission is forbidden.

All your Base are belong to us..