[ale] Reading Win98 disk from Linux (Slack 9.1)

zeb n4zm at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 19 17:38:53 EDT 2004

Can anyone point me to directions as to how to read a Win98 disk from
Slack 9.1??

I have data files on a FAT32 partition.  They must be there, because
that's where the application puts them.  (It's an application that
runs only under Win9x.)  I would like to be able to read and
manipulate these files from Slack as a user.  I can do it as root but
I don't want to do that.  When I try to access these files as user, I
get "access denied".  I have changed permissions in the /dev
directory, in the /mnt directory, and on the files themselves.   The
system is dual boot, Win98se or Slack 9.1

Thanks, Zeb