[ale] re: Adobe Acrobat reader won't open file, huh ?....

Bjorn Roche bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Oct 18 18:00:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Josh Freeman wrote:

> are you su a different user than the one yo logged in as? It seems that
> whichever user is running acroread doesn't have permissions to the local
> X session. You can try xhost + localhost and see if that solves it.

This is a good thing to try, but note that there are security implications
to xhost + localhost (I understand that this lets anyone else on your
machine listen to your keystrokes) so it's neither a good permanant
solution nor a good thing to do on a multi-user machine.

 	bjorn

Bjorn Roche
XO Audio LLC

http://www.xowave.com