FW: [ale] ALE booth at LISA

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Oct 14 11:36:16 EDT 2004

Okay, we are working on getting some t-shirts printed to sell at the
booth.  My expectation is once the cost of the t-shirts is covered, the
balance will go to a yet undesignated OSS project.  I'm interested in
suggestions here.

Anyone able to provide information as to legal/tax issues on this?  ALE
is not making any money on the deal.

I've also got a few give aways I will bring, but they are short in
supply, so we'll be choosing as to who gets what.  You know, cute chicks...

So far this is what we've got in the way of volunteers to man the booth:

The schedule is:

Wednesday, November 17, 12:00 noon?7:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 18, 10:00 a.m.?4:00 p.m.

Based on the feedback from various folks here is the schedule.  Note,
when I say all day, I mean the noted times above for that day. Let me
know if this does not work for you:

Jerald Sheets: both days all day
Grant Robertson: Thursday all day
John Trostel: 2-5 on Wednesday (tentative)
Geof Myers: both days all day
Trey Sizemore expressed interest, but has not gotten back to me (yet).

We could really use a couple more volunteers as I know both Jerald and I
would like to spend some time checking out the vendors..

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995