[ale] Ways to script a web browser session

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Oct 13 14:11:19 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 11:52 -0400, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> I'm unclear as to how this would work.  I've browsed through the wget
> docs and all I'm seeing has to do with Web-content sucking, not
> click-this, enter-that-into-form-field-there, save-target-file-as-this.
> Am I missing something?

It won't do it automagically. You will still need to pipe it through a
script that can read the returned data for the form fields to be stuffed
and returned. It will make a good starting poing point as a scripted
tool to hammer a site with a list of user name and passwords and form
data as it can handle cookies.

I'm not sure how to save the downloaded file with a user-defined name
though.