[ale] raid 1

Yu, Jerry Jerry.Yu at Voicecom.com
Wed Oct 13 10:03:58 EDT 2004

Solaris ODS can do it that way, namely "to encapsulate an existing data disk
(file system) as a submirror of a meta device". Not sure Linux's raid tool
can do the same.

# -----Original Message-----
# From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org]On Behalf Of
# Christopher Fowler
# Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 9:48 AM
# To: ale at ale.org
# Subject: [ale] raid 1
#
# I am using Linux software raid and have my setup like this:
#
# /dev/hda1  + /dev/hdb1 as RADI1.
#
# Is it possible to populate /dev/hda1 then convert it into a raid as
# /dev/md0 without trashing the data?  I'm working on a restore DVD and
# the background raid processes is slowing down the restore.  I would
# prefer to restore first then turn on the raid.
#
#
#
# Ale mailing list