[ale] Fedora Core 2 Updates

Brian J. Dowd bdowd at dentfirst.com
Tue Oct 12 16:02:57 EDT 2004

Yes, /mnt/cdrom.
That brings up another problem. I have lost some X files (sorry,
couldn't resist) when updating one of my systems and I need to reset
them back from the Fedora Core 2 disk. Using the original media to
"Update" plows through as if it is overwriting all files with the
original distribution and then announces "success". No gui, X still
won't run. In rpm there is a "force" parameter to overwrite newer files
with the original, older ones. Any ideas on how to accomplish this in yum?
-Brian

<snip>