[ale] ADSL filters?

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Tue Oct 12 12:26:47 EDT 2004

If you're running ADSL broadband, where do you put the filter?

Right now, I have my broadband connection plugged into a semi-random
phone line in my house, with a filter and a handset on the other plug of
the filter. Voice performance is so poor that my wife is unplugging the
DSL connection, thus leading to much wacky hilarity.

SpeedFactory says the ADSL phone cable and filter should  be upstream of
_all_ my voice handsets. This sounds reasonable. Anyone else having
similar Troubles?

-- CHS