[ale] Fstab confusion

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 7 14:12:20 EDT 2004

Hi Guys,
    I've been trying for the last hour or so to have an ext3 partition
automatically mounted with rw permission for all users in a  group
called "users".  I seem to have hit a wall.  My fstab entry looks as such:

/dev/hda7                 /media           ext3
auto,users,exec,grpid,rw               0     0

 From the documentation this should automount the partition on boot
giving it the group permissions of the mount directory.  The mount
directory has permissions 775 owned by root and group "users".  Doesn't
seem to work.  Any ideas?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Calvin