[ale] Question about the recent moderation

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Oct 7 06:20:20 EDT 2004

Jonathan Rickman wrote:

> If you're reading this message, then it would be safe to assume it was the
> former...unless somebody forgot to tell me something. If you thought that
> was harsh, then you obviously are new here. Go ahead, get the vi vs emacs
> debate going in earnest...then you'll see what harsh is. ;)
>
> --
> Jonathan "emacs is for liberals" Rickman

Back years ago, my favorite joke was that emacs stands for 'eight megs
and continuously swapping.'  Of course that makes no sense now, but back
when your box maxxed out at 4 meg, it certainly did. :)  Not a whole lot
of swap either, on those two 75 meg drives.  I still find it amazing we
were running UNIX and applications on that footprint.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995