[ale] USB->IDE

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 5 20:44:49 EDT 2004

Christopher Fowler wrote:

>Has anyone got this to work reliably under 2.6.X and USB 2.0?  I've got
>an adapter and can work fine if I disable EHCI but if I try and use fast
>USB I get this when trying to do a mke2fs:
>
>Writing inode tables: done
>ext2fs_mkdir: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short
>read while creating root dir
>

>On the dongle I have a solid red led like it is still writing.

I use USB 2.0 under kernel 2.6.8.1 reliably.  It's an onboard VIA
chipset controller 8235 southbridge.
I have written and read many gigs-of-bytes from a coupe usb->ide
enclosures.  One is and enermax the other escapes me right now.  I do
have the usb drivers compiled into the kernel if that makes any difference.