[ale] OT: Where to purchase a Mac

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Oct 4 15:56:12 EDT 2004

Barry Hawkins said:
>     All Apple systems are under warranty from Apple for one year.  I have
> had a problem with a system before and my experience was quite the
> opposite.  If someone is giving you a runaround with the CompUSA
> thing, demand that it be serviced under the Apple warranty.  Apple
> warranty repair is remarkably fast, even when you don't have AppleCare
> (within the first year, of course).

Barry,

Still tracking this down.  CompUSA says I have to have a letter from Apple
to avoid being charged the $100 service fee.  Apple's site says the only
way I can get my eMac serviced under warranty is to take it to an
AASP...the only one here is CompUSA.  I suspect the guy I spoke to at
CompUSA doesn't know what he's talking about.  Anyway, I'll probably take
it in and chance it...the whine is driving me crazy :)

http://www.apple.com/support/emac/service/

Thanks,
John