[ale] duh [was: gnome 2.4 workspace switching]

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Mon Oct 4 13:15:39 EDT 2004

This shows how much I avoid the GUI world like the plague and sit quietly
in my little shell.  Obviously, the edge flipping is a window manager
issue, not a gnome thing.  Off to get my good old familiar WM and live
happily ever after.

OTOH, if somebody can tell me how to get rid of these stupid icons on my
desktop, or where they live (i've checked .gnome, .gnome2, desktop,
.gconf) so i can delete them, I will be eternally indebted.  If I wanted
to use nautilus to view my files, or clutter up my desktop with icons, I
would bloody well set it up myself....*grumble*

jenn, curmudgeon

--
Jenn Taylor
jtaylor at onlinea.com

Obviously, a man's judgement cannot be better than the information on which he
has based it.  Give him the truth and he may still go wrong when he has
the chance to be right, but give him no news or present him only with distorted
and incomplete data, with ignorant, sloppy or biased reporting, with propaganda
and deliberate falsehoods, and you destroy his whole reasoning processes, and
make him something less than a man.
-- Arthur Hays Sulzberger