[ale] Suse online package repositories?

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Mon Oct 4 12:59:40 EDT 2004

Suse does maintain an official list.  It was automagically loaded into
yast2 when I installed 9.1 over the weekend.  I have no idea how that
happened.  I did a network install from a boot CD that I burned from one
of the Suse sites.  I had to manually load the network device module and
specify the ip address and path but it went in flawlessly.  I've done it
3 times now over the last 3 weeks.

I used ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/suse/suse/i386/9.1.

If you do the network install, first nslookup or host or the ip address
of fp-linux.cc.gatech.edu.  The manual/network install for Suse asked
for the IP address separate from the path.

Since you've already installed, most of this is unnecessary, but I
thought I'd document it for anyone else that's interested or happens
across this page looking for installation instructions for Suse.

Jim.