[ale] Seth Nickell - Design Fu : mono

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon May 24 12:22:32 EDT 2004

Vernard Martin wrote:
>> Scary scenario on mono.  Mono is based on Microsoft technology, I do
>> not trust Microsoft, thus, I do not trust mono.  I suggest folks
>> keep a careful eye on this one.  It has me reconsidering my use of
>> Gnome.
>
> Do you not use Microsoft Document Formats either? just curious.

are you asking about doc/rtf/xls?

as for me and mine we do the following if possible:
1) swx (OpenOffice.org project)
2) html (for those that don't use OO.o and want to see text with formatting and photo)
3) txt (anyone should be able to read it)

also most places i deal with only have to worry about inter-office documents.  anything else is (for the most part) faxed or in the body of an email.

preston