[ale] knoppix myconfig=scan home=scan

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sun May 23 17:56:23 EDT 2004

Really starting to like this Knoppix stuff. Am still running Knoppix 3.3 (I did a bad copy on 3.4, dowloaded okay, copied to my burner PC and dropped some bits. Gotta do it again).

Anyway - you can save your home directory and config to a thumbdrive (or whatever you call them). Now on boot, printing works - don't have to reconfigure to see my CUPS printer. Samba config is saved, I can see my server and get to it. Not bad at all!

I think I'd like a copy of GNUCash or KMyMoney if either fit. Other than that, I like the distro and like the apps.