[ale] printer not working under Suse...

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Sun May 23 14:53:39 EDT 2004

I too am trying to get printing going and find the following.....

I want to send my print requests to a server [from which I can
successfully relay files from a Debian machine that are printed].

The server uses:

	lpd

so, I am trying [under Suse9.0] to use the Printing Manager under KDE
and "Generic Unix LPD print system", and get the following error msg:

	lpr unable to print file: client-error-not-found

when I try to print a test message.

I have set up my printcap file just as I did under Debian.

No filters are used.

I am unable to decipher the error message.

Any help ?

Thank you,
Courtney

--