[ale] openssh chroot patch?

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Fri May 21 15:30:14 EDT 2004

I've found 2, one that modifies ssh_config and auth1.c, and an older one
that modifies session.c and determines whether to chroot based on /./ in
the user's home directory.

The author of the newer (auth1.c) one implies that modifying the user's
session doesn't work.  True? False? Good enough and better supported?  I
know nothing about chroot except what it does.

Anybody got any idea about the acutal security and stability of
these patches, or pointers with regards to chrooting a user's ssh session?
Obviously anything I do is going to be compiled separately and tested on a
different port, but still.

Thanks
jenn

--
Jenn Taylor
jtaylor at onlinea.com

Obviously, a man's judgement cannot be better than the information on which he
has based it.  Give him the truth and he may still go wrong when he has
the chance to be right, but give him no news or present him only with distorted
and incomplete data, with ignorant, sloppy or biased reporting, with propaganda
and deliberate falsehoods, and you destroy his whole reasoning processes, and
make him something less than a man.
-- Arthur Hays Sulzberger