[ale] Clarification - Fedora as a server?

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 11:45:18 EDT 2004

ditto

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
Robert Heaven
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 11:34 AM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] Clarification - Fedora as a server?

Given those choices... FreeBSD 4.8 may be the most reliable choice.

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 11:34, J.M. Taylor wrote:

Thanks to all for the input so far.  Just as a clarification, this is a

dedicated server provided by a hosting company, so I don't have too much

in the way of choice regarding what OS.  Yes, I could replace what comes

with the server, but would rather run something the hosting company

supports b/c it's easier on both parties.

So my choices are limited to:

- Fedora 1.0

- FreeBSD 4.8

- Tao Enterprise Linux

Thanks again

jenn

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Greg wrote:

> OpenBSD and apache,qmail - 1st choice

> Debian and apache,qmail - 2nd choice

> I would chose OpenBSD for it's security, it's adherence to standards
and

Ale at ale.org

HYPERLINK
"http://www.ale.org/mailman/listinfo/ale"http://www.ale.org/mailman/list