[ale] Linux Consumer Advocacy

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 20 10:59:30 EDT 2004

Sigmascape1 at cs.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How many of you guys work with Linux on a individual/consumer use
> level? In other words, how many of you guys tout Linux as a
> replacement for Windows XYZ on home systems? I am just curious about
> this issue. Obviously, almost every single day, if you look on the
> right website, you can find new articles or editorials dealing with
> Linux on systems that are not considered business systems.

I do.  I've recently set up a Linux file server and a Linux firewall for
a client who is currently all windows.  We are discussing desktop
possibilities right now.

My mother-in-law is also on Linux.  My daughter has a dual boot, so she
can still play her games.  Her windows does not have network
connectivity installed.