[ale] X running excruciatingly slow

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Mon May 17 20:52:06 EDT 2004

I have to concur.  Within ia32, CPU is CPU and RAM is RAM - there's no
interdependency there.

Celerons are a bit sluggy clock-for-clock compared to other CPUs in part
because their caches are miniscule.  I have a 1.7GHz Celeron here that
does not seem at all speedy next to my Slot A K7/750 overclocked to 807.

- Jeff