[ale] sshd resource intensive??

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat May 15 22:33:08 EDT 2004

I have never put any thought to how resource intensive scp might be.
Until now.  I was setting up a couple of boxes and testing file transfer
rates.  I've noted that for a couple of older boxes (p200 and PII 350)
it's much slower.  I then fired up top while the transfer was going
along and noted sshd taking up quite a bit of cpu.

Is this other's experiences as well, or am I missing something?

I was hoping to use a couple of older boxes as gateways for ssh tunnels..