[ale] OT:Hard Drive Switcher

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Fri May 14 08:34:50 EDT 2004

Maybe some of you know of a alternative product for doing this. I am
building a system that has two 120Gig drives and I want it to be a dual
boot system. Instead of messing with the boot loader, I was thinking
about having Linux on one drive and XP on the other and installing a
switch to swap between master and slave settings on the drives. There
is an article on how to do this yourself here:

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/howto/story/0,24330,3425846,00.html

But I was hoping to find a plug and play product that would do this
without me having to mess with soldering and drilling. There used to be
a company called NickLock that made one, but they appear to have gone
under. There is also a company called Romtec who make a product called
the Trio, but it is expensive and does far more than I need (intended
for 3 drives).

Anybody on the list doing something like this? If so, what did you use?

Thanks!

Ryan