[ale] DSPAM

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Wed May 12 21:59:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 09:54:47PM -0400, Matthew Brown wrote:
> What happened with SpamAssassin?  I've never had trouble with it.

I have. It simply lets too much SPAM through. Also I'm using the Tech College
of Computing SA setup and the sa-learn command isn't on the system. BTW I
have my cutoff set to 0.2 and I still get spam. If I didn't whitelist my
mail I'd still have to wade through a bunch of junk.

I've spent the evening wading through DSPAM and frankly I just don't get it.
I believe that I configurured and installed correctly. I finally have the
permissions and the trusted.users and untrusted.maillist-args set. I've given
it 550 messages as a corpus (all of the saved spam from SA). But all it
does is ole the spam directly into my mailbox as innocent. I'm testing simply
by bouncing spam that's already in the corpus. It should catch that, right?

Any suggestions? SPAM is the bain of my existance and I need to find a better
way to segregate it. DSPAM has been touted as a solution, but I haven't
gotten it to work yet.

BAJ