[ale] 802.11g for linux?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed May 12 09:12:27 EDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Jerald Sheets wrote:

> Yeah, but when you buy a laptop with a built in card that you have no
> control over, you do what you can.
>
> Advocacy is fine....zealotry is uncalled for.
>

> I happily parted with the 20 bucks to support a Linux company.  So many
> people didn't support such companies in the past that one of the
> greatest game programming outfits that were porting all kinds of games
> to Linux went under.  (Lokigames)  I intend to do everything I can to
> support Linux based companies to keep them alive whenever I can.

That's not why Loki Games went out of business. They were so poorly managed
they're luckly it took as long as it did for them to disappear, though
unfortunately a lot of their employees and customers got screwed in the
process. Look for "Loki: A Promising Plan" in Google cache for the story --
site hosting it is down due to crackage by anti-abortion activists (?!?), so
you'll have to get the cached copy ;-)

Of course, Linuxant does some unethical abuse of the GPL as well....

later,
chris