[ale] Suse 9.1 disk 1

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue May 11 23:07:23 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 01:07, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 20:26, Jonathan Glass (IBB) wrote:
> > I put these ISOs on this site [...]
>
> Thanks.  Do I just rename the files so they end in .iso to burn?

Extensions like ".iso" are just naming conventions and should be irrelevant to
any competently written program trying to access the file.

As a feature, a lot of GUI file requestors use default "show" filters that
limit your view to only those files with a the commonly used name extensions.

With competently written programs the file requester will support a "show all
files" option so that you can instruct the program to read or process any
file you choose, regardless of you you choose to name it.

peace
aaron