[ale] being cut off from list

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Sun May 9 22:51:47 EDT 2004

Just a thought (I'm lazy too).  Buy a domain name, doesn't even have to
be a good one, just a domain name.  If your registrar doesn't provide
the functionality (most do / should), find somewhere to do mail
forwarding (everything @yourdomain.com) for you for cheap.  Have your
regular e-mail as something like john_doe at yourdomain.com, and setup a
filter sending any mail TO that e-mail address (it helps to make it
sortof obtuse) to your 'read me' folder, and everything else to SPAM.
If you have subscription accounts (like ALE) that aren't really in your
'read me' folder (i.e. personal mail from family, friends, etc., but not
SPAM), create a folder and a rule for them.  Note, that you're actually
getting everything AT yourdomain.com, but filtering on the to address.
Anyway, when you switch ISP's, just change the e-mail that it's being
forwarded to.  Anyway, just a thought.