[ale] Building CPAN modules

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Sat May 8 23:06:22 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    Christopher> Is there any way to force the building of modules to
    Christopher> be static instead of dynamic?

Erm, depends on what you mean by making the module static.  I presume
you mean you want it to statically link against any libraries it uses,
which should just be a matter of shiming in -Bstatic into the right
place in the link command.  If you mean you want to build a new perl
binary with the module linked in statically you want to add
LINKTYPE=static.

In either case, perldoc ExtUtils::MakeMaker probably will get you
further on the way.