[ale] PBS on Cyber War

fostermail at bellsouth.net fostermail at bellsouth.net
Sat May 8 14:52:08 EDT 2004

I was trying to draw attention to myself and this*

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cyberwar/

with my subject line-ripoff of the yet unrefuted owners of
the joke, namely the Firesign Theatre &their album cover with
pictures of John Lennon and Groucho Marx. My "Glenn's
communications must be arcane and maybe deadpan to the
point of incoherence**" style dictates no further explanation.

But, since I personally find Richard Clarke not to be a
nincompoop, It was with some hilarity that I heard the ambient
quote of his over the TV to the effect: [I think it's
<strongly critical\outraged adjective> that the major software
companies produce <such> sloppy software.] The web page wasn't as
distracting without the voiceover qualities, and my sloppy reading
didn't retreive the quote, but I thought that the enthusiasts with
less scheduled TV time might enjoy checking it out/noting corrections.

*A mailing list kinda being an ultimate interactive thing for me,
with results heretofore the most conducive possible to my resuming
learning new things, as opposed to a long span of decline; while
simultaneously harboring guilt of voyeurism over viewing the list's
mix of private ambience with its educational content, that I am
compulsed to blurt out periodically, despite the marked increase in
postings, failure in (my current :() mailers to display whole subject
line, (w/corresponding shortfall in idea that message can be conveyed
w/o opening and then deleted,) and even fear that this-> machine is
a carrier, as was subject of [Chris Fowler's?] shut-off requests. Hope-
fully I will become platform-enlightened/comm informed enough, soon,
to even know of such issues.

**At this point, I'll tend to deem it not bragging so much as further
apology of backround (pertinent to what I'm doing here, yet,) to cite
again my seating in no less than 9 English Comp{1 || 2} course offerings,
and duck/cringe. Speaking of academics, I'm hoping I can still automate
the key I got last yr.

Glenn Foster fan of $,Dennis Miller hair, A+
$ I think we're all Bozos on this bus
$ Mr. ED