[ale] TV tuner card problem

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sat May 8 08:36:12 EDT 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Jim Philips wrote:

> On Friday 07 May 2004 23:29, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > I have been soooo spoiled by Suse 8.1-9.0 that my current problems
> > amplified.
> >
> > I thought that Hauppauge TV cards were compatible with Linux, so I bought
> > one. A WinTV-250 PVR. To my surprise, it was not automatically detected. I
> > manually added it using Yast2, but it still didn't work.

That's the card I bought (and just asked about!). It's supposed to work
with ivtv (ivtv.sourceforge.net) not bttv. BTW, many cards that used to
have the bttv chipset now have a new connexant chipset which is very
poorly supported. AFAIK, there is almost no way of knowing which cards
have which, because some of them still say they have the bttv chipset, so
you are probably best off sticking with the hauppage (not that I've gotten
mine to work or anything....)

	bjorn