[ale] Suse 9.1 Consortium # 1 - closed

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri May 7 15:54:54 EDT 2004

Greg wrote:
> I have been trying to download the iso's for 2 days and I cannot get more
> than 39 MB worth before FileZilla dies out. So is the whole world trying to
> get this stuff or what ??

Okay, I just received my box set of SuSE 9.1. :)

I've really been torn over this 'consortium' issue.  I want to support
the Linux companies, therefore I've been purchasing SuSE Pro for the
past 5 interations.  Calls to SuSE have just confused me.  None the
less, I just called them again and I have been assured that when I pay
for my update, all I'm paying for is the packaging/shipping.  I am
permitted to install it on as many machines as I want and I am permitted
to burn copies and give them away.

So, when do we start? :)  I could burn a set of dvds and a set of cds
and hand them to the next person who would do the same.  I guess I could
burn a couple of sets.