[ale] SuSE to present at ALE Central in August

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu May 6 13:40:06 EDT 2004

People seemed so interested in SuSE I was inspired to get off my duff and
contact the local Novell office.  They were very excited to have a chance to
speak to us.  They are scheduled to speak at the August ALE Central meeting.

I'm pestering them with requests for door prizes.  :-)

>Greg Haney, Novell representative wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Let me know what day and time in August you would like us to present.
> I will also get the answers to your questions and send to you later this
> week.

I'll be interested in their answers, as I asked a broad range of questions:

Here are a few burning questions I have: How does Novell plan to balance the
needs to make a buck with the need to participate in the Open Source
Community?  What is Novells stance on Open Source?  Will SuSE and Ximian stay
separate, or become part of a greater whole?  Will SuSE still actively
support KDE, as it has in the past, now that Manuel De Icaza is on the
payroll?  Does Novell see the Linux desktop as a market and what is it doing
to conquer it?

Answers to those question should fill a book, or at least a magazine article.

Michael