[ale] [OT] LJ4 print-quality issues

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu May 6 01:24:05 EDT 2004

"Brian J. Dowd" <bdowd at dentfirst.com> writes:

> Replace the fuser assembly. It happens...

I eventually got to the point where I had to do *something*, so
I took your suggestion and blew $115 on a rebuilt fuser assembly
(which is more than I paid for the printer, BTW). It was
worth it - it now prints like a new machine.

Thanks,

-- Joe

> -B
>
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >My brand-new (old) LJ4 is starting to act up. On every page
> >it prints, there's a faint (but getting darker by the day)
> >gray stripe about 1 inch wide down the center of the page.
> >The stripe actually seems to consist of a faint "shadow"
> >of the previously-printed page.
> >
> >I expect this is some standard maintenance issue, but as
> >I have no documentation for this printer, I'm not sure
> >what needs to be done. Anyone have an idea about this?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >-- Joe Knapka

Resist the feed.
--
If you really want to get my attention, send mail to
jknapka .at. kneuro .dot. net.