[ale] Suse9.0 bootup freeze ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Mon May 3 17:38:15 EDT 2004

The other night at the onset of a storm I attempted to shutdown -h now,
Suse9.0, which is run from the CD.

I did the same thing with Mandrake9.2 without a problem, which I also
run from the CD.

Upon an unsuccessful attempt to bootup Suse9.0 afterwards what appears
on the screen is the following.....

	gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data format violated
	tar: unexpected EOF in achive Error not recoverable, exiting now
	cp: cannot create /newroot/etc/liveeval.conf, no such file/dir
	/sbin/init: line 434: umount not found
	/sbin/init: line 436: /dev/null: no such found
	/sbin/init: /sbin/live-setup: /bin/sh, no such
	/sbin/init: line 442: /sbin/live-setup: Success

and then, kernel panic ! and system freeze.

Any idea what happened ? Can it be fixed ?

Thank you.
Courtney

--
s/v Mutiny