[ale] Clear BIOS Password - Dell Optiplex?

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sat May 1 16:55:15 EDT 2004

On Saturday 01 May 2004 15:53, Greg wrote:
> or you may just be able to use one of the jumpers to clear the BIOS
>
> Greg

The jumper did the trick. I moved it so it is just on one pin, and that
disabled the BIOS password. I also removed the battery for kicks and grins.
Happily installing SuSE 9.0 Pro. Once a basic install is done, I'll install
and test Squid, then install and test Squidguard.

That's a lot of goofiness to keep someone from surfing p*rn on my work laptop.
It would have been easier and cheaper to just change the password on the
laptop and not give it up. I'll rethink the strategy - and either keep a
proxy server, or turn the Dell into a PC for the kids to mess with.