[ale] SuSE 9.1 pricey?

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Sat May 1 09:32:48 EDT 2004

$59.95 for a version upgrade ???? what the he** ???  To go from 9.0 to 9.1
?????  And I thought MS was crazy for gouging !!  Well, ok, after visiting
the site I do see quite  few improvements, ... but still ... if there are
enough improvements, why don't they just call it Suse 10 ?  If it weren't so
much for 64 bit Suse (and the lack of alternatives) I would tell them to
pi$$ up a fallen high voltage line.

grumble grumble

OK, I am in ... for whatever my share is on the price and I will provide the
blank disks if someone else burns them (though I can burn them if needed).
So to summarize we have the following going in on this (and I suggest we buy
it at CompUSA or even Monarch and avoid the huge freaking tax and shipping -
that *must* be an error .. or the EU VAT ???):

Geoffrey
Eric
Greg

Estimated price/individual: ~ 21 - 22 USD (if we buy locally)

Anyone else ?

Greg