[ale] library mystery

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 30 13:19:50 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:37:22PM -0500, Jim Philips wrote:

> On Monday 29 March 2004 07:48 pm, james at sumners.ath.cx wrote:
> > `echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH`?
>
> That doesn't really do it. Notice that  libparted-1.6.0.0.8 doesn't have "so"
> anywhere in the file name?

A similar problem was posted to the J-Pilot list not long ago.  There
seems to be a bug in automake, autoconf, or libtool that generates a
broken libtool script when configure is run.  The suggested quick fix is
to remove the generated libtool from your source tree, and create a
symlink to the libtool in /usr/bin.  Then run make, make clean, and make
install.

I don't know if a proper fix has been found yet.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9